Joe Joyce says he's open to facing fellow British heavyweight Frazer Clarke, reigniting a rivalry that began in the amateur ranks. Joyce, who defeated Clarke four times in their early careers, only recently learned Clarke was interested in a pro matchup. For "The Juggernaut,” it’s all about satisfying the fans - provided the money makes sense.
Clarke followed in Joyce’s footsteps as Great Britain’s super heavyweight representative, claiming bronze at the 2020 Olympics after Joyce took silver in 2016. Since turning pro, Joyce has experienced a mix of highs and lows, suffering losses in three of his last four bouts to Zhilei Zhang (twice) and Derek Chisora, but he remains a formidable contender. The 39-year-old returns to the ring on March 1 at the Bournemouth International Centre under the Queensberry Promotions banner.
Watch Joyce vs. Chisora highlights: Watch
As for Clarke, he’s looking to rebuild after a first-round KO loss to Fabio Wardley last year. Promoted by Boxxer, the 33-year-old aims to return in April in Birmingham, seeking a big win that could position him for a clash with Joyce or another top heavyweight. With both men backed by major promotional outfits - Joyce and Wardley are with Queensberry, while Clarke is with Boxxer - lining up a British showdown could be a matter of timing and public demand.
Joyce also revealed he’s open to facing Wardley at some point, suggesting a busy slate of potential domestic rivalries. "There’s a lot of good options and I aim to put on entertaining fights," Joyce said.
Read more about Joe by clicking here.
Image Credit: Sky Sports