Alberto Puello says he plans to take Dalton Smith’s WBC light welterweight title in front of his home crowd on October 24 at Utilita Arena in Sheffield.

Puello praised Smith’s ability and admitted he sees very few weaknesses in the champion, but promised a painful homecoming.

“It will be hugely satisfying to come here to his home and to rip the belt away from him,” Puello said. “It will be really satisfying for me and a humiliation for him.”

Smith captured the WBC title in January by stopping Subriel Matias, who had previously beaten Puello by majority decision in July 2025.

Puello believes abandoning his game plan contributed to that defeat and says discipline will be crucial against Smith, particularly with the Sheffield crowd behind the champion.

Image Credit: BBC